SWAP Valve significantly reduces injection mold change time by clearing all cooling water lines quickly and cleanly with a single valve handle motion.
Installed before the supply manifold, cooling water is displaced by shop air, eliminating the need to drain each cooling water line individually. SWAP Valve is a simple, manually selectable device that supplies cooling water to the mold during processing or air to purge the water from the mold, cooling lines, Supply and Return manifolds before tool change.
Reinforced Molded Body with Stainless Steel Disc (1-inch) left
Original Brass Body with Stainless Steel Disc (1 and 2-inch) right
The 3-position shear valve is a proven design. The valve selector handle has three positions: WATER, PURGE and VENT. A check valve should be installed in the return line downstream from the Return manifold to prevent backflow to the mold. Check valves may be purchased separately.
Tubing may be connected to the manual vent-drain port so any residual water after the purge cycle can be drained into a suitable container or floor drain.
An optional spring-loaded, locking mechanism on the valve selector assembly is available for molders who require additional protection from accidental valve movement.
Application: The SWAP Valve is well-suited for cooling water Supply lines up to 2-inch NPT on frequently changed tools that are hung on small to medium tonnage injection molding machines. It is permissible to adapt 3/4, 1-1/4 and 1-1/2 inch line sizes providing adequate cooling water flow can be achieved. Typical mounting is on the press frame or the safety door frame. Mounting on any suitable surface, such as a platen, mold or manifold stand is acceptable.
Closed Loop Water Systems
TACO Air Separator (sold separately), installed per the diagram on right, will remove air from the water before it reaches the temperature control unit. If temperature control units are not used, an air separator may be installed at the highest point in the return cooling water loop to remove air from the system.
- Versatility: Provides choice of materials for economy and corrosion resistance.
- Timesaving: Saves 15-20 minutes of unproductive tool change time by eliminating the tasks of draining multiple Supply and Return hoses plus cleaning-up water spills.
- Tool Condition: Protects tools from corrosion build-up during downtime and storage by evacuating water.
- Supply Line ID: Permits fast identification of Supply lines by noting which manifold is connected to the Mold SWAP Valve.
- Water Shut-Off: SWAP Valve shuts-off Supply water conveniently near the machine control, rather than with conventional ball valves on the water drops/risers or Supply manifold, typically located at the opposite side of the press.
- Full Port Design: Permits maximum cooling water flow at minimum pressure drop.
- Safety-Housekeeping: Eliminates root cause of accidents around the press by keeping personnel and floors dry.
- Optional Positive Lock: Eliminates accidental movement of valve selector handle.