The K3 Series are pressure sensors for use in high temperature applications where the process temperatures may reach 538°C (1000°F) such as high temperature engineered polymers.
The K Series utilizes standard melt pressure principles and construction; strain sensing technology is bonded foil strain gage.
A near incompressible sodium-potassium (i.e. NaK) mixture is used for pressure transmission.
NaK is FDA recognized safe (GRAS) substance.
- As for FDA approval, K series is suitable for Mercury free , food and medical application
- Processing special polymers, technopolymers (538°C /1000°F)
- Pressure ranges from: 0-35 to 0-1000 bar / 0-500 to 0-15000 psi
- Accuracy < ±0.25% FSO (H); < ±0.5% FSO (M)
- Hydraulic transmission system for pressure signal guarantees stability at working temperature (NaK). Liquid conforming to RoHS Directive. NaK is defined as a safe substance (GRAS)
- Quantity of NaK contained per model: K30 series (30mm3) (0.00183 in3), K31-K32-K33 series (40mm3) (0.00244 in3)
- 1/2-20UNF, M18x1.5 standard threads; other types available on request
- Inconel 718 diaphragm with GTP coating for temperatures up to 538°C (1000°F)
- 15-5 PH diaphragm with GTP coating for temperatures up to 400°C (750°F)
- Hastelloy C276 diaphragm for temperatures up to 300°C (570°F)
- 17-7 PH corrugated diaphragm with GTP coating for ranges below 100bar-1500psi